Thursday, February 23, 2012

Not quite snow, but good enough

We've had a pretty easy winter, clearly. Trust me I'm not complaining. My husband however is a little disappointed having bought a brand new sled and really wanting to try it out. There's still time right? Winter's not over yet. Sometimes Kansas weather drives me crazy, but I love a good rain storm and/or hail in this case, and Hendrix does, too. I really wish my house had a great big porch for us to snuggle up under and watch the storms, but we'll just be sure to put that on our checklist for the next house we buy. Until then we'll do with a chair by an open window. Not quite the same, but we still catch the sweet smell of the rain, and if we're lucky enough we might even get a mist brushing against our cheek brought in by a cool breeze. So Tuesday, after the hailstorm Hendrix and I went collecting ice 'to show our babies' per his request.  

Using our new Easter bucket as the ice collector.

A gust of cool air giving him the chills.

Telling me something important, I'm sure of it.

Too sweet to not photograph


Our back porch got a lot!

It's funny, he only picked out some, studying them, as though he was checking for a certain size and shape

Heading back indoors

He has to ring the doorbell, every time.

great hail hunting, Hendrix!

No comments:

Post a Comment