Saturday, November 26, 2011

Hendrix's Room To

Finally posting a tour of Henri's completed bedroom. I love how it turned out, and so does he. 
A view of the room right when you walk in. We eventually what to make this hardwood, to match the rest of the house. Until then, we bought a shag rug to cover the hideous carpet. It's such a warm, fuzzy rug. The babies love to play on it.
Shelves to organize toys, and a few of our favorite things. These bins are perfect for a kid Henri's age. He does great when it comes time to pick up his toys. 



A favorite outfit of mine.


A super easy DIY chalkboard made from an old poster I wasn't using and chalkboard paint. He uses it almost daily practicing writing his name, and making rainbows and other things, so I'm really glad I decided to make it. Perfect use of space for the little corner.

Art from Etsy.com. This was my inspiration for the whole room. 


 
A view of Hendrix's bed. I got the bed from Ebay for $50. Best 50 bucks I've ever spent, it has been SUCH a hit. The bed actually came with a tent for the bottom, but it was much bigger and took up the whole room...and it was camouflage. Soooo not my taste.

His cozy little bed. I painted acorns I picked up at Hobby Lobby to hang on the wall. The pennants I cut using left over scrapbook paper from the reading area. Also super easy.

More art from Etsy.com. Three little owls, perfect for my three little boys.

A view of the reading area.

Art and book slings made by me. The picture is made from paper and paint. I decoupaged paper onto a canvas and used a little paint when it dried. 

My scrapbook wall. I had half joked with my sister about how I wish I could just paste scrapbook paper to my wall because I loved it so much. I went home and googled it to see if anyone had ever tried it. I found one picture, but the woman had cover an entire wall. That was a little much. AND I couldn't find what kind of plaster she used. So, by trial an error, and advice from my mom, we used wallpaper paste. I actually got Aaron to help me with this project. It was my birthday so I kind of guilted him into it :) Anyways, I am sooo happy how it turned out! It could have been a disaster.

'READ' letters from Hobby Lobby, spray painted red. Darth Vader ceramic done by my mom when Matt was a boy. 

A sweet picture of Hendrix and another painted acorn.


Vintage dinosaur, also from Matt's childhood. Pillow I picked up at Walmart, as well as the storage ottoman. It has two very large compartments that fit his legos perfectly and a few other toys and the other side. 


So I might have an obsession with Christmas lights, but I love the warm cozy glow they add for a perfect little nook under his bed. 

Another view of his cozy bedroom.


And another

A late afternoon nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment