Monday, August 1, 2011

Christmas....er, I mean Halloween...in July

July is a big month for the Nelson family. I guess you could say it's like our own little Christmas. Aaron and I's anniversary is on the 21st, and our son's (Hendrix) birthday is on the 29th. This makes the end if July pretty busy for us, but I have to say it's probably my favorite time of year. What is better then celebrating the day you married your love, and the birth of your child?!

So, like I said, our anniversary is the 21st, but we had to post-pone our date till the following Monday, the 25th. Auntie Hannah babysat our little ones so Aaron and I could finally enjoy some adult time. You know it's funny, I hardly ever went out when Hendrix was very little, but with the twins, sometimes I feel pretty desperate for some alone time. Don't get me wrong, I adore all my sweet little boys, but being a stay-at-home mom with twin infants and a very active 3 year old can sometimes be overwhelming. Aaron often asks me how I survive when I'm by myself. The truth is it's easy, because you're in love with them. Also, you have to learn to laugh at yourself, or you'll never make it through the day. Anyways, there are very few people I feel comfortable leaving my boys with, and they are the Grandmas, their dad, or their Aunt.  Really I don't like leaving the twins with anyone unless I know they have help, so Hannah is awesome because her two oldest daughters are always there to lend her a hand.

We stopped by the mall to do a little shopping. Usually I HATE shopping with Aaron. I feel like a lot of women can relate to me about this. Some men are worse then children if they are in a store they don't want to be. But, we had a lot of fun. I bought a new shirt with super Heroes on it because I'm a cool mom like that, and what other than...another dress! I have an odd obsession with dresses. I love feeling feminine, but also I'm not quite back in my pre-pregnancy jeans. I have about 10lbs. to go so I really don't want to bother buying new pants, because I am determined to get back to my weight! After the mall we ate at Sumo's which was amazing. I had a martini, Aaron a beer, and we shared sushi and hibachi. The sushi we had had banana cream in it, and it was delicious! Who knew? Aaron and I have been together 8 years (married 4) and we still have a great time together. During supper, we both laughed till we cried joking with each other. A good sense of humor is soo important to me. I'm ecstatic because you can really see a joker in our oldest son. He is such a prankster, I love it :)  Next, we grabbed some Starbucks to share and walked around Target and finished up some Hendrix b-day shopping before we headed to the movies. Maybe I'm a little dull, but going to the movies is one of my favorite things to do. *Sings the movie song from Annie...Let's go to the mooovieesss!* I'm ashamed to say as an avid Harry Potter fan, I was just now seeing the move. I definitely liked it. So sad to see it all come to an end, and I'm not gunna lie, I may have teared up :) I think it is so important for couples to take the time to spend with each other. Aaron and I see each other everyday, but sometimes you loose sight of one another. I know what Aaron and I have is something amazing, and I don't want to take that for granted. As much fun as we had, I couldn't wait to get back to our family, and have the warmth of a baby sleeping in my arms. So here are some pics or Aaron and I heading on our date.
I love to dress up! Wish I had more occasions to do so. 



Henri always gets a little jealous if he sees Aaron and I hugging or kissing. He insisted on being in the photo. Normally, he gets pretty annoyed when I try to take photos of him. 

Happy 4 years


On Thursday the twins had their 3 month wellness check-up. I was pretty eager for it because I was curious to know the boy's stats. Bennett is obviously bigger then Maxton. Max feels like a little peanut compared to Bennett and Bennett looks a bit longer as well. Even his chest and head look larger. He is just a big kid! Of course both the boys were in great health and checked out fine. Bennett coughs sometimes when he cries, but the Doctor assured us it was just a reflex that some kids have. We have noticed he does it sometimes when he's talking to us as well. It's almost like he has to clear his throat.  So, to the stats! Maxton weighed 13lbs 15oz. and was 24 3/4in. long. That puts him in the 60th percentile for weight, and 80th percentile for height. Bennett weighed 16lbs 1oz. and was 25 3/4in. long. That puts him in the 97th percentile for both weight and height! Almost off the charts, he is my big boy! Both babies are healthy and growing so fast. They are p-e-r-f-e-c-t. Here are some recent photos of the twins.
My big boy Bennett

Bennett has rolled over for us (tummy to back.) Maxton has not. Max absolutely hates tummy time. Every time we put Max on his tummy he just stiffens his body and screams. He's never gunna crawl! 

Hendrix is a typical big brother :) He does this robot voice all the time and says, 'I. am. a. robot. I. am. a kissing. robot.' or insert kissing with hugging or licking or what ever other obnoxious thing he feels like doing at the time. He makes me laugh

Baby Bennett talking to me. He is very vocal. He always has been. Max recently has been more vocal, too. I love to hear both their sweet voices!

Does this kid look like he's only 3 months old?!

My babies in their jammies ready for bed

My sweet Maxton's smile could light up a room. Both my babies are very easy to get smiles out of. I am so lucky to have such pleasant babes.


Maxton James



Bennett Mathias
Brotherly love :)

Bennett looks nervous




Our week ended with Hendrix's 3rd birthday. This year he wanted a Halloween birthday party, little goof, but it was a lot of fun. Even as babies, all three of my boys have had very different personalities. Hendrix was my happiest baby of them all. He was always giggling, and he is still like that to this day. He also has an amazing imagination. He is always coming up to me and making up new names for things and telling me about new characters he's created. He is such a joy to be around. I love to watch him grow up into this amazing little person with such a big heart. I am so happy that he is the big brother and is there as a role model for his younger brothers. I am so, so proud of my sweet little 3 year old. Alright, enough gloating. So Aaron kept Hendrix home with him and they both got a nap in before the party. His little brothers and I went over to Hannah's to decorate for the party. I used some of my mom's Halloween decorations, but I also ordered  few things from Party City since I obviously couldn't find any Halloween items in any stores this time of year. We used trash bags and taped them over all the windows to black out Hannah's house, and then used very little lighting to give it a Halloween glow. Hendrix instructed me to be a princess, so I obliged and borrowed an old prom dress from Hannah. Lots of good friends showed up. We cooked brats and hotdogs, Holly made some adorable Halloween cupcakes (which Hendrix loved!), and Hannah made some amazing cake pops. The kids spent most of their time outside playing. We really lucked out with the nice(r) weather Friday. It was a refreshing change from the constant 100 degrees. Later, Hendrix opened his presents. He received so many fun toys. He truly is loved! After it got dark, David had his projector set up and we played a movie on the barn outside using a white sheet for it to project on. The kids watched 'The Nightmare before Christmas'. It freaked some kids out, but Hendrix had seen it before and thought the 'spooooky' things were fun. Hendrix had such a fantastic time. I love to see him so happy. Here are some pictures of his Halloween party. I had a hard time just picking a few.
I swear Hendrix woke up that morning looking like a 3 year old. The day before he still looked 2 :(

Iron Man is ready for his party!

Little brothers in their costumes. So stinking cute! (thanks for the outfits Casey!) I'm barely squeezing Bennett into his. They are 3-6 months, this kid is huge!

I look so ridiculous! Maddi is a 'konnichiwa' as she puts it. (lol, She is a little Japanese girl.)

Kayla and Hendrix Iron Man

Hendrix absolutely loves his Aunt Holly. And why shouldn't he? She's so much fun!

Hendrix doesn't look too impressed 
Some more jumping fun

Maddi giving Pullox a hand

Hendrix adores Tyler. He can always make him laugh


Ceasar and Batman

Opening some presents

David trying to swoon Hannah. (I don't think it's working ;)

With our birthday boy!

Carlos went as Aaron! I haven't laughed that hard in a while

Mommy with her favorite 3 year old

He is such an awesome kid. Have I said that enough?

Playing with some of his new toys. Shootin' some hoops in his room. Nbd.

When have been playing super heroes for the past two days straight. All day. I am so glad his loves all his new toys.

Putting his birthday money away in his new piggy bank. He can't break this one :)

When I was laying down with him to go to bed that night he told me, 'I am sooo excited for my nother birthday.' As he puts it, he makes my heart so happy :)




We had such a long, eventful, and fun week. Saturday night my sister and brother-in-law and I went to a friends house for her birthday celebration. We left Aaron home with the babies, but cousin Kayla came to help. Aaron was happy to let me out of the house for a bit. He is such an excellent father, and husband. We had a good time just hanging out with Casey, she is always fun. We ended the week at a pool party tonight for yet another birthday. Our nieces Haylee and Kylee turned 7 on the 29th as well. Happy Birthday to those beautiful blondes. The babies loved wading in the water with Hannah and I and  Hendrix love love loved the water slide. I will definitely be busy with three active little boys in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment