Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Conversations with a 3 year old and a time to catch my breath.

Today I vacuumed. No big deal. I went upstairs to finish cleaning our bedroom, and then try to get the boys down for a nap. Unbeknownst to me, Aaron had given a hungry Hendrix shredded wheaties, sans milk, to snack on while I was keeping myself occupied before he walked out the door for work.  After I got the babes to snooze awhile, I traveled downstairs to discover my recently cleaned rug, looking not so recently cleaned. There was shredded wheats EVERYWHERE. All over the couch, all over the floor. (This is why we can't have nice things.) The conversation following this discovery went something like this.
Me- *Big sigh* "Hendrix Warren, why did you make such a mess? Did you have to eat like a monster? You know how hard I work to keep this house clean for you guys. I just vacuumed. JUST VACUUMED."
(Oh, and I should mention that Hendrix really does eat 'like a monster' sometimes. He'll put food in his mouth and munch on it really fast and go 'NOM, NOM, NOM!!' <I'm pretty sure this is exactly how this incident occurred.)
Henri's reply- "BUT MOM!! I like to live in a messy house. Now you be happy, I'm the boss here."
It's hard being the authority.


When the boys were probably around 6ish weeks, Hannah and I did a little shopping in Salina, and then dined at Chili's after we were done with the mall. We were sat right next to a couple who coincidentally had twin boys as well. We struck up a conversation with them, and was given a few words of encouragement. I was told that around 3 months they had found it got much, much easier. Whew! I could only imagine. I have found this to be incredibly true. The boys just turned 3 months, and already I feel like I have a little more air to breath. They sleep longer at night, go longer between feedings, and they finally allow me to put them down. Don't get me wrong I LOVE cuddle time, but I also LOVE the time I get to spend with Hendrix. The babies now like to lay on the floor next to Hendrix and I and watch us play Super Heroes, or chill in the boppy on the floor next to me while I do the dishes. It is so amazing to really see their personalities forming, and how curious they are at what the rest of us are doing! Anyways....I never expected cabin fever in the middle of summer. I thought that was strictly a winter thing. But this heat is definitely limiting our activities. We've been hanging around like bums more than I'd like, but I really have no choice but to keep us inside with the babies so young and it being so hot outside.

The babies helping me blog :)

Bennett will just stare at me all day. His eyes follow me anywhere I go, he is one curious little bug.

Bennett is a binky loving boy!

Maxton woke up to join us!!

What big smiles he has for me!!!!



Aaron and I decided to bring up the mini crib so each of the boys would have their own bed. Neither of them sleep in it yet because we both agreed we needed to order an actual mattress for it, so that's on it's way. The 'mattress' that came with it was really just a very thin pad. We thought it was time to separate them because Maxton sometimes bucks in his sleep and they knock heads, waking both of them up. Luckily, our bedroom has the perfect spot for a second little baby bed. You know, even with the boys all having their own beds, Aaron and I very, very rarely get our bed to ourselves. No, the twins don't sleep with us. Yes, Hendrix does. We got into the habit when he was little, and we just never broke him of it. The twins don't sleep with us because I know how dangerous it is to have multiple little ones in the same bed, plus we wouldn't have room anyways! It might seem like a faux pa, but it's what we're comfortable with. I like to keep my young close to me, always. And no, I'm not afraid of my boys wanting to sleep with us as teenagers. Do you remember being a teenager? Ya, that's not gunna happen. I know how some people feel on the matter of co-sleeping, but here's my opinion. Everyone parents differently. Do what you're comfortable with, and follow your motherly instincts. Every child is different and every parent is different. Co-sleeping definitely isn't for everyone. And now I'm starting to sound like some hippie ;) 
Fits perfectly!!

Their own beds, and this is where they nap:) (I let them nap here when I am near by. I was on the floor  folding laundry.)

Hendrix testing out the bed for his baby brothers

My silly dilly monster

:)

I decided I'm going to make these mobiles as baby shower gifts. I got this one at Hobby
Lobby and it would be very easy and fun to recreate using whatever scrapbooking paper you choose!


I know it's only been a few days since my last post, but I'll blog when I find the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment