Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Brother Named After My Brother

Bennett Mathias Nelson. Alias: Ben
Meet Bennett. My Buddha baby. My chunky monkey. My mini-me. My second momma's boy. Bennett doesn't know he's a twin. Well, at least he doesn't like to acknowledge it sometimes. When he wants mommy, he doesn't like to share with his brother. Daddy can never do anything right, he constantly wants to be on mommy's hip. He is my little cuddle bug. My easy to make laugh little man. 

Bennett. Kisses make him laugh (and he loves to return them!) He loves to chat. He is my talker and loves when I talk back. He's always trying to grab my attention, and is delighted when he gets any sort of positive response. He gets excited about little things. When he's drinking a bottle or falling asleep, he plays with his ear, or his brother's ear, and likes the rub his own fuzzy head. 

Bennett. My inquisitive little guy. My gentle giant. My cat-napper. He fights to get to sleep, and only cat-naps during the day. I guess there's just too much to see! I love his chubby rolls and soft skin, his nakey butt and big open smile. He is first at almost every infant milestone, but his brother is never far behind. He loves to be on his tummy, and will almost instantly roll to it if placed on his back. He has a little button nose and deep navy eyes. 

My baby Bennett. I never thought I could love anyone as much as I do Hendrix. You boys proved me wrong. You stole my heart the second I met you. I love you so much. You have no idea.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I could eat them all up, they are so cute! I remember those days well! It wasn't that long ago. My boys are 4 and 2 & 2. How are you surviving? Are your's identical or fraternal? So glad you commented. I haven't met anyone with the same situation as us! Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! We are just that...surviving! Having twins really threw us through a loop. Some days are tough, but it does seem to be getting easier! (Maybe I'm finally getting in the swing of things ;) They are fraternal. How about yours? You know, I found your blog by searching for DYI tents and was thrilled when I found you were also an awesome mom to three beautiful boys! (Not to mention the amazing furniture you create!)

    ReplyDelete