Thursday, September 8, 2011

No. Abandonment. Issues.

The Nelson household has been very busy lately. As if taking care of three children alone doesn't make us busy enough. Labor Day weekend the boys and I followed my parents up to Axtell while Aaron stayed back to work. There we visited the Bishop homestead where my Aunt Tuttie currently resides as it has been 5 years since the death of my Grandma Bishop. I loved visiting with all my cousins and aunts and uncles. It was so fun to see all our children run around and cause mischief in the same fashion in which we once did. Ah, memories of youth :)
 So Tuesday was a big day for me, er, I mean Hendrix, as it was his first day of school!!! This also means it was his first day of being left with strangers (for lack of a better word.) I.was.nervous. The few weeks leading up to this I had to prep myself for the torture I would endure from the lack of presence of my ornery little 3 year old. Everyday I told him I will cry if he goes to school. To which he would reply, "Don't be sad mom, you'll come pick me up later!"
We woke up Tuesday morning, ate breakfast and took a bath. I had to dress Hendrix in handsome clothes, as it was his first day of school (I'm dreading the day he won't let me pick out his clothes.) I had a hard time convincing Henri to eat an adequate lunch, but ate some and then we packed up all the boys to take him to his first day of class. We talked to his teacher a bit, gave him kisses and waved good-bye. Our little baby is growing up. When I picked him up at 3 he immediately ran to me and said, "School was so fun to me, mommy!!" Alas, school was a success.
This morning as I dropped him off, he was all too eager to make his way into the classroom, and I had to grab his arm to get his attention for a kiss. This child of mine has no abandonment issues. I can't say the same thing for his mother :) One day I'm dropping him off for his first day of school, the next day I'm dancing with him at his wedding. Ah, they grow up so fast! (I'm a bit off my rocker, I know.)
Ready for school!

My sincerely handsome boy

Trying to show off his backpack, but got a bit tangled

Showing me how it's done

So proud of him already!!

Spending time with the babies while Hendrix is away. Bennett is so ticklish! (Max is, too!)

Nothing but smiles

Picked him up from school and took him to get a snack. Here I am with my big man. He seems more interested in his cookie than his mother o.O

School wore him out.

Later that evening as I was fixing supper I hear in song, "My babies. We love my babies. We brothers. I love my babies." I went to go investigate and found Hendrix between his brothers singing them a little song :)

Henri serenading his brothers

Second day of school! We got his new backpack ONE day too late, so here his is showing it off. 

This week we witnessed another milestone for our boys. Maxton rolled over to his belly!! Bennett has been rolling since about mid-August and just yesterday Max decided he was going to, too. I never thought it would happen as Maxton truly does not enjoy tummy time (but has tolerated it much much better than he used to.) I guess he decided he wasn't going to let Bennett show him up any :) Man it seems like these guys are growing faster than Hendrix did, but maybe time feels like its flying by with two of them keeping us so busy.


We love to be naked!

Maxton after bath time!

This is a framer

I am such a proud mother. What sweet boys I have!

Don't they look so different from birth? 

I love that this is my job. All day. I love every moment I get with my children. Even when they wear me out.

Brother kisses. Two seconds later Max started crying. He didn't appreciate his brother sucking on his head. 

mmm...baby spit up.

My Maxton is so easy to please. What a perfect smile he has.

Sleeping Bennett.



No comments:

Post a Comment