Monday, October 17, 2011

Making a list and checking it.....500 times

Well, it's October. Actually, we're half way through October...already?! So, I've started my Christmas shopping. This is seriously my favorite time of year because I love love love shopping for toys! I'll be the first to admit I live vicariously through my children. Not really though. But I do LOVE  toys! I love to see my boys having fun, and I love shopping for toys. Basically I just think, 'what would I have loved?' and it usually turns out to be a hit. I've oddly found shopping for boys is easier than shopping for girls. Maybe because nerf guns tend to be more fun than barbie dolls. Am I right or am I right? I'm right. So anyways, I've begun my shopping, purchased a few items, but basically I've just been doing my research and window shopping. Among these items they will get books, maybe a favorite movies (Hendrix has been asking for Wall-E) and a few other small items in their stockings. Here's a few of my ideas. IF you happen to have any of these toys, or have any input, I would love to hear any thoughts! So please do share!
Baby Einstein soother. We have a mobile on one crib and a different soother on the other, but the boys are getting on their hands and knees, which means the mobile will have to go soon. This is what I'm looking at to replace it. Reviews I've read said their children used this well past 12 months, by their bed to get them to sleep at night. So to me it doesn't seem like a big waste of money to get them one at 8 months (ok, they'll probably end up getting it before Christmas :)

Bilibo. You should watch a video on youtube. What are these things? Well, anything you want them to be. I've already decided, my boys will be getting one.

Little Tikes hot wheels mountain. I already purchased this from Craigslist. They are not in the market anymore so you have to find them used, but they are Little Tikes, nearly indestructible!! My nephew has one and Hendrix LOVES it. This toy is a hit with any boy, and with three of my own, I'm sure it will be well used. Try craigslist before ebay, these things can get EXPENSIVE! You can't really tell from this photo, but this mountain is a very gracious size. The cars go racing down. Ok, maybe I bought this for myself.

Music set for all three boys. I think this toy is great for any age, I'm kind of surprised I hadn't bought one before.
Max definitely needs this shirt.


Great reviews, and it's a adorable. Of course my babies will get one.
A handsome sweater for my handsome boy.

More Handsome.

Aaron's family has always had a tradition of getting pajamas for Christmas. We have carried it on to our boys. I love this set from Carters. 


I'm debating between this Radio Flyer ride on toy and the Wheely bug below. Here are my thoughts on the Radio Flyer. It has a bumper which means any corners or objects that are run into would be relatively safe. The babies won't be old enough to ride this by Christmas time and it is rather small for a child of Henri's size. I love the classic look of this toy though. Both these toys will be kept as inside toys. 

Wheely Bug Bee, size large. Babies won't be old enough to ride this either, but shortly after Christmas they will probably be eager to push things around. The handle on this riding toy would work much better. It is a larger size so Hendrix would have no problem riding it. Plus, how cute is this? 

Ok, I have no plans to buy this. After watching some videos, Hendrix is much too big for this ride, and it really isn't as awesome as it looks. But I thought after I buy one of the other riding toys, I could make a small *safe* ramp easily myself. 

I think I'll wait for the babies first birthday for this, but I have also been shopping on Craiglists for this item. I have no problem buying a used toy if I know the quality is there. It's a Step 2 product, perfect for three kids, and it's made of plastic so would be super easy to clean.
The Snyder's and we just bought one of these from Craiglists (Yes, I have become obsessed with Craiglists) They won't get to use it till next summer, but I think it was a great find for the cousins. We will have lots of fun with it next year!!




And here is my list of wants. Spoiled much? But Aaron loves me so :) Actually, most of these items are for both of us. 
We. Need. One.

Ok, so this is more for me. I doubt Aaron will ever use this, but I want one, bad.

After watching my boys interact with one another, I really need one of these. The quality of my phone simply will not do..
I always wear a dress for the holidays. I probably won't wear white, but I think this is simply beautiful.

I've been asking for a mother ring for, well 3.5 years now. But as Aaron says, I'll get one when I get one. Does it surprise you I'm not that big into diamonds? Of course I think they are pretty, but after having kids, I don't even wear my solitaire. I learned quickly that diamonds tend to scratch babies, and I play outside too often with my boys to keep it beautiful and clean. Diamonds sit in my jewelry box. I don't want a Mother's ring like this, but something similar, I want all their names carved in.


No comments:

Post a Comment